09:00 Morning refreshments and networking
09:30 Chair's opening remarks
Jennifer Thomas, Head of Internal Communications, Direct Line Group
09:35 Developing employee experience to nurture engagement and advocacy
Opening keynote address and Q&A
- Creating experiences that set apart the organisations consistently voted by employees as the best places to work
- Combining the power of Culture + Technology + Data to create Engagement and deliver great experiences at every stage of the employee journey
Amanda Atkinson, Senior Manager Employee Communication & Engagement, Salesforce
10:05 Tackling the generation gap: Managing a diverse workforce
Panel discussion and Q&A
- Handling the challenges of an increasingly diverse workforce, and overcoming the communications challenges this presents
- Addressing the individual and avoiding over-generalising target groups such as "millenials"
Mark Covell, Head of Corporate Communications,
Richard Walden, Head of Internal Communications, Heathrow
Rachel Mason, Internal Communications Manager, Wellcome Trust
10:45 Morning networking break
11:30 Making measurement meaningful
Presentation and Q&A
- Best practice approaches for proving the ROI of internal communications
- Making measurement meaningful to your organisation
- Sharing your IC success with the C-Suite
Chloe Foy, Strategist, Synergy Creative
12:00 Ethics and communicating authentically
Presentation and Q&A
- How IC can help build trust so that employees feel comfortable and supported
- Staying true to your organisation’s values by reinforcing and embedding them effectively
- How ethical and authentic communications can help avoid a crisis – or rebuild trust afterwards
Katherine Bradshaw, Head of Communications, Institute of Business Ethics
12:30 Networking lunch
13:30 Roundtable working groups
During this interactive session delegates will have the opportunity to work with a group of their peers to solve an internal communications challenge. Each of the five themed tables will be headed by a group leader who will introduce the scenario and lead the discussion. This is a great opportunity for delegates to benefit from the experience of other delegates.
- Roundtable 1: Channel strategy
What is the best channel mix for internal communications? During this interactive discussion, attendees will discuss different channel strategy models and which approaches work best.
- Roundtable 2: Employee advocacy
Employee advocacy should be a crucial part of the communication mix. If done well, it can attract the best talent and boost brand marketing. Attendees will discuss the best way to approach employee advocacy and how to build a programme from scratch.
- Roundtable 3: Employer brand
The growing expectation of talent has put pressure on organisations to ensure they have a strong employer brand. Attendees will discuss steps to implement an employer brand strategy and what metrics and KPIs you can put in place to measure it.
- Roundtable 4: Measurement
In this interactive discussion, delegates will assess the most effective tools and techniques currently being used to measure your internal comms campaigns.
- Roundtable 5: Change communications
Communicating change to employees is a challenge and if not planned and executed well, you risk losing talent and damaging your employer brand. In this session, attendees will discuss how IC practitioners should manage change in 2018 and how to plan change programmes.
14:45 Afternoon networking break
15:05 Be a master storyteller
Suzanne Ellis, Director, Lansons
Alice Stevens, Management Communications, Givaudan
15:05 Building a team from scratch
Nazaneen Challawala- Hatimi, Country Communications for North & South Europe AIG Europe
15:45 Swap or stay
15:55 Winning the support of the board
15:55 Bridging the gap: Communicating with remote employees
Case study presentation and Q&A
Stephen Boyle, Head of Internal Communications, Bayer