08:50 Chair’s opening remarks
09:00 Innovating to make a real impact on business value and performance
- As employees are considered the most valuable asset, how do you realign your communications strategy to support your company’s strategic vision?
- How do you enable an employee experience that creates a true dialogue with your staff?
- Technology as an enabler in creating seamless employee experience
- The real challenge – how do we keep remote workers engaged with the wider organisation?
Marissa Munnings, Head of Internal Communications, International,
Patrik Edvardsson, Internal Communications Manager – Corporate Affairs, Linklaters
Jo Bleasdale, Director of Internal Communications, Entain
09:25 Providing a platform to energise and inspire during an unprecedented time of social distancing pandemic
- Keeping a global workforce engaged and connected while physically apart through new, creative digital programmes
- Drawing on employees’ shared passions to create impactful internal communications programming that can be leveraged at any organisation
- Equipping employees with content and resources to help navigate the new remote working reality
- Emphasising the importance of senior leader participation and engagement
- Always bring it back to the basics – building on a strong functional and cultural foundation
Bessie Kokalis Pescio, Vice President, Global Head of Internal Communications, Philip Morris International
10:35 Coffee break
11:05 Building a successful internal communications strategy in times of transformation and crisis
- Top tips to setting the right aspirations for internal communications function within the business – the power of “Putting leadership at the heart of everything we do” approach
- COVID-19 pandemic as a real game changer in raising the profile and elevating the role of internal communications from tactical function to strategic advisor
- Designing a winning channel strategy mix, content planning and structuring your team for success – from design to implementation
- Developing a new hybrid working model – lessons learned
Vicki Davies, Director of Internal Communication, National Highways
11:30 How can internal comms impact employee wellbeing and mental health?
- Exploring the growing role of internal communications department in supporting employee wellbeing
- The link between employee wellbeing and diversity, equity and inclusion
- Supporting the wellbeing activities in our internal communications organisations and ensuring we take care of ourselves too
Becky Murch, Head of Internal Communications, Bristol Clinical Commissioning GroupFiona Murton-Taylor, Internal Communications Manager, John Whitgift Foundation
Andrea Henry, Global Head of Diversity, Inclusion and Wellbeing, Collinson
12:15 The role of internal communications in creating more diverse and inclusive organisations
- Building a company culture where everybody feels included and valued - and how that drives towards organisational goals
- The role of internal communications in celebrating diversity and inclusion - without losing authenticity
- Best practice and tips for creating and executing an inclusive internal communications plan
Marghaid Howie, Global Head of Social Media & Continuity Communications, Thoughtworks
12:40 Networking Lunch
13:40 Proven ways to measure the strategic value of internal communications
Case study presentation
- How do you quantify and measure the impact of internal comms?
- Building the right mindset beyond the measurement of outputs and incomes - pushing for communication objectives that can be measured in terms of behaviour and actions
- Debating the impact of new ways of working on measurement challenges
Noha Al Afifi, Director of Marketing Comms, Arthritis Action
14:05 Promoting company culture through internal communications - how to make communication a conversation?
Case study presentation
- Crafting authentic internal network by aligning communication channels and company culture
- Engaging in dialogue in a crisis to stay connected to employees - how do you promote active communication behaviours?
- Creating compelling personas to improve the success of your digital first internal communication strategy
Kirsty Walden, Head of Internal Communications, Virgin Media O2
14:30 Realising the true potential of internal communications – what does the future hold for the function?
- What role does internal communication play in helping to transform organisations?
- How do you remain agile and innovative whilst communicate effectively to a changing workforce?
- Discussing the need for upskilling and the internal communications talent challenge
- Understanding people, cultures and new ways of working to achieve higher levels of employee engagement and productivity
Michelle Wade, Head Of Communications, Managed Services and Projects & Consulting, Cloud Infrastructure Services, CapgeminiZoe Shaughnessy, Head of Internal Communications, British Heart Foundation
Oli Cavaliero, Head of Employer Brand, Honest Burgers