09:50 Chair’s opening remarks
10:00 Can you save your reputation? Using technology to survive a crisis.
Interactive Crisis Wargame
Unlike anything you’ve ever experienced, Signal AI has created a crisis simulation that will keep you on your toes. When crisis strikes it is time for PR & Comms professionals to shine - but are you prepared to respond at a moment's notice? Navigate your way through a media crisis and find out if you have what it takes to survive. Leverage technology and media intelligence to gain actionable insights – before it’s too late.
By the end of this sessions delegates will be able to:
- Leverage cutting-edge technology to stay ahead of the story
- Test best practices theories to control the narrative
Anwer Ismail, Head of Customer Success, Signal AI
10:45 Session break
10:55 Considering cancel culture - Getting social media right
- With more people using social media than ever, does this increase the opportunities for brand scrutiny?
- How to approach an increasingly polarised space through creating connections with your audience
- Keeping your communications clear and responding to incidents that escalate quickly
Doug Male, Communications Director,
Guinness World Records
Natalie McEvoy, Counsel, Slateford
11:40 Learn in 10: Are you prepared for what Covid was hiding?
Barnaby Fry, Head of Crisis and Risk, ENGINE MHP + Mischief
11:50 Session break
12:10 Communicating on Climate Change
With COP26 in November this year, there is huge momentum building with pressure on government and businesses to engage the public and make change happen.
- Exploring the challenges of engaging with a broad audience and creating change
- How should comms professionals be engaging in the conversation?
- Communicating clearly and effectively in order to create urgency
Philip Allport, Director of International Communications,
Nicola Green, Corporate Affairs Director, Telefonica UK Limited
Brendan O’Grady, Group Communications Director, The Guardian
Laura Gurnett, Deputy Director of PR, Smart Energy
12:50 Networking lunch
13:50 Crisis simulation
14:30 Session break
15:10 Dealing with a crisis within a crisis
- COVID has been ‘the’ crisis subject for over a year, but what about other crises we have also had to deal with?
- And when dealing with other major issues, how do you cut through the COVID noise to reach your audiences?
Laurian Hubbard, Head of Engagement, Welsh Parliament; Founder & Co-President, Women in PR Cymru
15:40 Learn in 10: Lessons from an extraordinary year
15:50 Chair’s closing remarks
16:00 Close of conference