Proving that it practises what it preaches on the crisis management
front, the team at Lowe Bell Good Relations coped admirably last week
when fire broke out at its newly renovated offices in Russell Square.
Staff arrived at work on Thursday to find thousands of pounds worth of
damage tofurniture and fittings on the third floor - ironically it is
the first floor to be refurbished as part of the ‘relaunch’ of Good
It appears the fire broke out at around 8pm the night before, when the
staff were all safely off the premises.
Fortunately no one was hurt and while the computers melted in the heat,
80 per cent of files remained intact. Some swift reorganisation meant
phonelines were up and running first thing on Thursday morning and it
was business as usual at Russell Square. The only problem is that staff
from KBH, the agency recently acquired by Lowe Bell will have to wait a
little longer to move into their new home.
Lessons learnt from this inflammatory incident? The importance of a good
insurance policy, a decent smoke alarm and the necessity of backing up
files religiously every evening.
When it comes to the cause of the blaze, my insider tells me all roads
point to a dodgy mobile phone battery.