Broadcast PR specialist Bulletin has been hit by some nutty
business lately. Liz Main, senior producer at the broadcast news
service, suffers from a serious nut allergy and was able to offer some
expert advice recently to a client faced by a product recall because of
fears of nut contamination.
A Bulletin source tells me: ’Liz had plenty of ideas on how the client
should handle the recall.’ However, it seems Main was unable to heed her
own advice and succumbed to the dangers of the nut.
Having successfully steered the client, which Bulletin refuses to name,
through its crisis she fell ill and was rushed to casualty due to nut
The reason? Main had just announced her engagement and sealed her love
with a loving kiss with her intended. The only problem was that he’d
been munching on a peanut butter sandwich prior to the snog and Main
experienced an allergic reaction.
She didn’t have her usual supply of adrenaline capsules to neutralise
the effect and so was rushed to hospital. Fortunately for Main she
arrived in time and disaster was averted.
I hear that the marriage is still on.