Royal Mail has handed corporate comms agency Open Road a corporate social responsibility (CSR) brief. A Royal Mail spokesman said: 'Royal Mail has an ongoing commitment to reducing the impact of its operations on the environment and promoting ethical behaviour, improving quality of life for its people and ensuring it has a positive relationship with society. To further these aims, Royal Mail has implemented a comprehensive CSR strategy and is working with Open Road to communicate the different elements of the strategy.'
- Greater Manchester Police's assistant head of public relations Laura Bimpson has joined ethical communications agency Koan as head of media relations. Bimpson was responsible for the day-to-day running of the force's PR department.
- The Central office of information framework search is continuing apace. Some 250 agencies have made 700 applications for business on the roster. A final list will be announced in the autumn and will include 30 general PR agencies, plus three to four in each region, and up to eight international agencies.
- Visit London has launched a new online media centre in preparation for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games. The Visit London media centre includes an online resource for domestic and international media, including free photos and film of London for editorial purposes.
- New West End Company has launched a corporate and social responsibility project for the first community kitty to aid local fundraising efforts, with donations from stores across Bond Street, Oxford Street and Regent Street.
- Hounslow Borough Council has launched a glossy magazine aimed at helping people to take their first step on to the housing ladder.
- Essex County Council's strategic comms manager Philip McCusker has left after 20 years of service. He plans to handle freelance opportunities.
Picture: Free photos