Ketchum London CEO David Gallagher has come up with six tips for surviving the hectic and often confusing few days in the Swiss town:
1. Go with a purpose. Whether it is to learn or network, don't think you can wing it.
2. Plan to be tired. Sessions start at 7am and the parties go on until dawn.
3. Unless you are an A-lister, accommodation is sparse. A decent towel and pillow will be worth the luggage space.
4. Check in your ego with your coat. No matter what you do, you will be surrounded by people who do it better.
5. Pack a scarf and gloves. And black rubber-soled boots that you won't have to take off at the security at every entrance.
6. Don't wear a dinner jacket at the closing party, even if the invite says it is black tie. You will be pinned as a newbie.