Then, damn it, Private Eye did the same thing. Still, it's worth noting that Four Communications, Sovereign Strategy and, unsurprisingly, Roland Rudd's Finsbury all fill the Labour coffers from time to time. Sovereign has actually donated more than £122,000 since 2002.
For the other team, and not noted in Ian Hislop's rag, is Cubitt Consulting. Simon Brocklebank-Fowler's agency donated a cool £16,870 to the Conservative Party in July. Diary wonders if David Cameron spent it on PR support for Boris Johnson's mayoral campaign. After a week in which some influential figures criticised him for calling black people 'picaninnies', perhaps he needs it.
How to get your claus into industry
This from Bruce Dodworth at Sea Glass PR:
Five reasons why Santa would fare well in PR:
- He's a high flyer and works late
- Everyone expects him but never sees him
- When clients mature sufficiently they won't believe in him any more
- When he doesn't turn up someone else will always stand in for him
- His wife would still tell him to 'get a proper job'.