Stakeholder and publicity manager at Docklands Light Railway David Sanders, who was highly commended in the Young PR Practitioner of the Year category at the recent PRWeek Awards, has posted his finding on a Facebook group. The five types are:
1. Strategists: responsible for strategy and other high-ranking tasks. Few carry out implementation tasks such as writing press releases.
2. Multi-taskers: have wide range of duties including strategy, writing press releases, and administration.
3. Intermediaries: devise strategy and manage budgets, but may also write press releases and assist with the annual report.
4. Implementers: responsible for press releases and press cuttings. Carry out few, if any, strategic tasks.
5. Default implementers: react to events on an ad hoc basis.
For more details, and to find out which category you fall into, click here.