Attack on London: Tourism bodies stress normality

Tourism bodies VisitBritain and VisitLondon have gone into reassurance mode after last week's bomb attacks.

VisitLondon director of comms Ken Kelling told PRWeek that while it was too early to say whether there would have to be any changes to the city's calendar of events, VisitLondon had concentrated on getting across the message that the capital was 'open for business'.

On Tuesday, the US Air Force bowed to UK political pressure and rescinded a ban on around 10,000 of its Suffolk-based personnel going inside the M25.

VisitBritain corporate PR manager Eliott Frisby said it had insisted there was no reason for the advice to US servicemen.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletins

Already registered?
Sign in