This week on the podcast, PRWeek editorial director Steve Barrett and executive editor Frank Washkuch are joined by Barri Rafferty, EVP, head of communications and brand management, Wells Fargo.
- Rafferty talks about starting a new role and taking on more responsibility during her largely remote tenure at Wells Fargo, moving from the agency world to running comms for a large financial institution, the future of live events and business conferences and more.
- Discussing the details of IPG Dxtra CEO Andy Polansky’s plans to retire after a 38-year career and the future of Weber Shandwick and IPG Dxtra;
- The implications of Edelman’s latest Trust Barometer report, which found consumer trust has declined across media, government and business;
- On the potential benefits and risk of Unilever’s bid for the consumer healthcare arm of GSK;
- The key players on General Motors’ revamped comms team, which included hiring for 20 new positions and reconfiguring existing teams;
- On IBM's Jonathan Adashek moving into a new communications role to include marketing;
- On Microsoft’s move to acquire Activision Blizzard for nearly $70 billion in the largest-ever gaming sector deal of its kind and what it means for the future of the metaverse and ongoing PR crises at Activision Blizzard.