Hong Kong’s biggest PR association has appointed a new board for 2020/21 and it includes two newcomers: independent consultant Ben Evetts and Carbo Yu, regional director at Sinclair. Here’s the full line-up of the new board:
- Chaiperson: Rachel Catanach, FleishmanHillard
- Deputy Chairperson: Annouchka Behrmann, Edelman
- Treasurer: David Croasdale, Newell
- Honorary Secretary: Simeon Mellalieu, Ketchum
- Membership: Felix Poon, Vis Communications
- Partnerships: Kiri Sinclair, Sinclair
- Digital & Marketing Co-Chair: Ben Evetts, Independent, Carbo Yu, Sinclair
- Education & Mentorship Programme Chair: Maria Cheong, Burson Cohn & Wolfe
Chairperson Catanach, who took on the same role from 2013 to 2015, said that the "imperative for PRHK to represent, champion, promote and grow the public relations and communications industry in Hong Kong has never been greater”.
“We are doubling down on our support of members and the wider PR community through these extraordinary times, helping them demonstrate the considerable value public relations can provide and identify new avenues to innovate,” she said.
“We also recognise that training is often the casualty of a tough economy, so are committed to providing additional development opportunities for young professionals in our member firms and tangible encouragement to the next generation of PR leaders.”
Click here to subscribe to the FREE Asia PR & comms bulletin to receive dedicated news, features and comment from the region straight to your inbox. Make sure you register for the site to access more than one story per month.
To submit a news, comment, case study or analysis idea for the Asia bulletin, email Surekha.Ragavan@haymarket.asia