With the buzz and drama around the Premier League as intense as ever, the organisation’s Dan Johnson tops this table.
Football’s prominence means there’s space for PR chiefs at the Football Association, plus Chelsea FC and Manchester United FC.
The bodies for the Olympics, cricket and tennis also get a spot, alongside agency sport specialists.
1. Dan Johnson – Director of comms, Premier League
2. Scott Field – Director of comms, British Olympic Association
3. Robert Sullivan – Comms and strategy director, The Football Association
4. Steve Atkins – Head of comms and public affairs, Chelsea FC
5. Chris Haynes – Director of comms, England & Wales Cricket Board
6. Phil Townsend – Director of comms, Manchester United FC
7. Jon Tibbs, OBE – Chairman, JTA
8. Steve Martin – Global CEO, M&C Saatchi Sport & Entertainment
9. Henry Chappell – Founder, Pitch Marketing Group
10. John Dolan – Head of media, Lawn Tennis Association
More from the Power Book:
Click here to subscribe to PRWeek – you'll get essential breaking news, views & expert analysis; an exclusive UK Daily News email bulletin; industry-leading reports such as the Power Book, Global Agency Business Report, Best Campaigns & Best Places to Work; and a whole lot more.