Unilever’s Sue Garrard increased her standing further this year, playing a key role talking to Downing Street during Kraft Heinz’s failed takeover of the FMCG behemoth.
In second slot is Jane Lawrie of Tesco, which is recovering after a terrible few years. Agency leaders also feature highly in our list.
The full top 10 (click on the names for full profiles):
1. Sue Garrard – Executive vice-president, sustainable business and comms, Unilever
2. Jane Lawrie – Group comms director, Tesco
3. Sir Alan Parker – Founder, Brunswick Group
4. Roland Rudd – Chairman and founder, Finsbury
5. Pierre Goad – Global head of employee insight and comms, HSBC
6. Stephen Doherty – MD, global head of corporate comms, Barclays
7. Louise Evans – Director of corporate affairs, Sainsbury’s
8. John Waples – Senior MD and UK head of strategic comms, FTI Consulting
9. Neil Bennett – CEO, Maitland
10. Andrew Grant – Senior partner, Tulchan Communications
More from the Power Book:
Click here to subscribe to PRWeek – you'll get essential breaking news, views & expert analysis; an exclusive UK Daily News email bulletin; industry-leading reports such as the Power Book, Global Agency Business Report, Best Campaigns & Best Places to Work; and a whole lot more.