HOW TO TAKE PART:
1. REGISTER YOUR INTEREST FOR THE FREE LIVE Q&A NOW! (So we can send you a reminder)
2. HEAD TO OUR PRWEEK JOBS LINKEDIN GROUP on 29 September, 1pm
You could be looking for the next step in your PR career, you might be moving from another communications role or another industry entirely. Or perhaps you’re at the start of your career and looking for your first job in PR.
We have assembled a panel of experts who will be on hand on Thursday 29 September to answer your questions about how to attract recruiters’ attention when applying for jobs online and what to expect once you have applied.
Should you follow up with recruiters? If so, how long should you wait before calling them? And how often should you be calling them? What should you say when you do speak to them? And should you expect a response every time? This is your chance to ask all this and more.
Our expert panel:
Guest expert: Alice Weightman - CEO & founder of Hanson Search and The Work Crowd
Guest expert: Sophie Raine - Director, W Communications
Tony Bennett - Recruitment sales director, PRWeek Jobs
James Butters - Sales manager, PRWeek Jobs (direct employer roles)
Quiz our experts about:
- How to make the most of online job boards, including 'dos and don'ts'
- How to get the best response from recruiters
- What to do once you have applied
- Best ways to approach recruiters if you want to move industries
- CV and cover letter tips
- Any other questions
The Q&A takes place on the PRWeek Jobs LinkedIn Group. Please request to join the group if you are not already a member. If you're unable to make the chat on 29 September, you can post your questions below in advance, tweet us @PRWeekJobs using the hashtag #PRcareerQA or email your questions to email@example.com who can post them for you anonymously.