1. The highest peak in North America is getting a rebrand. Mount McKinley will be officially renamed Denali, the Native American word many Alaskans use for the mountain, the White House said Sunday. Some politicians from Ohio, where President McKinley was born, are unhappy about the name change. The president will visit Alaska on Monday to call for urgent action on climate change.
2. Taylor Swift and Nikki Minaj make up. Kanye West’s rambling acceptance speech. Miley Cyrus’ unexpected album announcement. Here are the most memorable moments from Sunday night’s MTV Video Music Awards from BuzzFeed and USA Today.
3. Publishers are irked by Apple’s efforts to make it easier to block ads on the iPhone and iPad. The next version of iOS, due out next month, will help users avoid advertisements on the Safari web browser.
4. The US Open begins on Monday in Flushing, Queens. The end-of-summer event is, of course, a longtime favorite of agency executives looking to woo clients with tickets to see some of the biggest names in tennis. Maria Sharapova pulled out of the women’s tournament on Sunday due to injury.
5. Commute just not hair-raising enough? Uber is offering Mad Max-themed rides on Monday in Seattle to promote the launch of the latest video game linked to the rebooted post-apocalyptic action series.
6. Upstate New York PR legend Ed Lewi died last week at his home after a long battle with Parkinson’s disease. He was 81. Lewi’s career included stints as media director of the 1980 Winter Olympic Games in Lake Placid, New York, and promotions director for Saratoga Race Course.