The project is a joint initiative between PRWeek and Women in PR that is designed to tackle the lack of female leaders in communications.
From today, applications are open to become a ‘mentee’.
Successful applicants will be matched with a mentor – an experienced female PR figure – who will offer guidance through face-to-face meetings and other forms of contact.
Entry is via an online form, and a reference from a current employer is needed.
This is the second year in which the project has run, and we welcome three new mentors to the group: Shelley Facius, founder and MD of Juice PR; Christina Kelly, managing director of Golley Slater Scotland; and Ginny Paton, MD of House PR.
Here is the full list of 15 mentors:
* Molly Aldridge, CEO, M&C Saatchi PR
* Lauren Branston, founding partner, Lauren Branston Consultancy
* Alison Clarke, CEO UK & Ireland, Grayling
* Gay Collins, founding partner, Montfort Communications
* Jackie Cooper, global chair, creative strategy, Edelman
* Sally Costerton, consultant, Sally Costerton Advisory
* Shelley Facius, founder and MD, Juice PR
* Rachel Friend, MD, Weber Shandwick London
* Nicola Green, director of comms and reputation, 02
* Christine Johnson, partner, Bell Pottinger Corporate & Brand
* Denise Kaufman, CEO, Ketchum London
* Christina Kelly, MD, Golley Slater Scotland
* Ginny Paton, MD, House PR
* Kelly Walsh, chief strategy officer, MSLGroup London
* Mary Whenman, MD, corporate, financial and public affairs, Weber Shandwick
PR Week and Women in PR are hosting a party to celebrate the launch of the 2015 PR Week Mentoring Project. Potential applicants will have the chance to meet the mentors and the successful mentees from 2014 to learn more about the programme and get some hints and tips about their application.
It takes place on Tuesday 14 April at the Charlotte Street Hotel in London’s Fitzrovia.
Tickets cost £20 for Women in PR members and £25 for guests and non-members. Book tickets by clicking here.
To read about how the 2014 Mentoring Project helped the careers of both mentors and mentees, click here.