1. MSLGroup is planning to acquire Indian PR agency Perfect Relations, according to a report in The Economic Times citing anonymous sources from both companies and their clients. Perfect Relations works with Coca-Cola, Diageo, and Pizza Hut, among other brands.
Earlier this week, MSLGroup parent Publicis Groupe bought Boston-based digital firm Sapient for $3.7 billion.
2. Facebook is throwing its weight against Ebola in three ways. First, the social network will add a message to the top of users’ news feeds next week encouraging them to donate to three nonprofits that fight the disease. It’ll also work with UNICEF and NetHope to improve communications for both medical workers and residents of West Africa.
3. How will Tuesday’s resounding Republican victory change the public affairs landscape? Look for the White House and Congress to try to work together on corporate tax changes, immigration reform, and foreign trade pacts, experts tell The New York Times.
4. Speaking of corporate tax changes, AstraZeneca’s CEO said Thursday morning that recent regulatory reforms have weakened the case for US companies to move their tax bases overseas. "They almost entirely remove the tax benefits," said Pascal Soriot, according to Reuters.
Tax changes weaken case for new Pfizer bid, says AstraZeneca CEO http://t.co/HT28JTZGoa— Reuters Business (@ReutersBiz) November 6, 2014
5. Palo Alto Networks has found a malware family that threatens devices running Apple’s iOS operating system. Experts say the discovery indicates that attacks on Apple-made devices are growing increasingly sophisticated.