Viles departs TCW for Farmers Insurance

LOS ANGELES: Peter Viles has left his position as head of corporate communications at TCW after more than four years at the asset manager.

LOS ANGELES: Peter Viles has left his position as head of corporate communications at TCW after more than four years at the asset manager.

Viles will join Farmers Insurance in mid-April as head of employee communications. He will report to CCO Erin Freeman, who previously led corporate communications at TCW for four years.  

“I'm grateful for the opportunities I had at TCW, and really looking forward to joining the team at Farmers Insurance,” Viles said, via email.

Freeman confirmed Viles would be joining Farmers, but declined to comment further. Representatives from TCW did not respond to requests for comment.

Viles was most recently MD and head of corporate communications at TCW. In that role, he led a team of more than 20 communications and marketing staffers and oversaw media relations, employee and client communications, and the firm's website. He joined TCW in 2008 as VP and managing editor and was promoted to SVP in 2010.

Prior to TCW, Viles was a journalist for more than 20 years, working at outlets including The Montgomery Advertiser, the Associated Press, the Los Angeles Times, and CNN.

US private equity investor the Carlyle Group completed its acquisition of TCW from French bank Societe Generale in February. Under the terms of the deal, Carlyle owns a 60% stake in the company, while TCW management and employees hold the remaining 40%.

A number of senior executives departed TCW weeks before the Carlyle buyout, including chief global strategist Komal Sri-Kumar, a 22-year veteran of the firm.

TCW, formerly known as the Trust Company of the West, is based in Los Angeles and manages $135 billion in assets.

This story was updated to include response from Farmers Insurance.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletins

Register
Already registered?
Sign in