Lowdown: Expectations often don't match experiences

Fleishman-Hillard found that companies in the US, China, and Germany across 20 industries often trip over a gap between consumer expectations and experiences.

Fleishman-Hillard found that companies in the US, China, and Germany across 20 industries often trip over a gap between consumer expectations and experiences. Notably, research showed that 55% of consumers' perceptions are shaped by how a company affects society. The other 45% depends on customer benefits. Results differed by country, or as Fleishman global head of reputation management Marjorie Benzkofer put it, “there really is no such thing as a global market.”

Source: “The Authenticity Gap,” from Fleishman-Hillard and Lepere Analytics. The firms studied more than 150 brands last October.


Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletins

Register
Already registered?
Sign in