NEW YORK: New York Women in Communications revealed its new board of directors for 2011-2012, including Catherine Mathis, SVP of marketing communications for Standard & Poor's, as president.
Mathis is replacing Linda Kaplan Thaler, CEO and chief creative officer of The Kaplan Thaler Group. Thaler will remain on the board after serving as president for one year.
Other appointments include:
- Erin Matts, global director of digital connections at AB InBe, as secretary;
- Leslie Hunt, director of the Eugene Lang Entrepreneurship Center & The Media Program at Columbia Business School, as VP of finance/treasurer;
- Mayra Reyes, associate director of administration of the Eugene Lang Entrepreneurship Center & The Media Program at Columbia Business School, as assistant treasurer;
- Nancy Megan, Promotion Management, as advisor;
- Stacy M. Green, communications director at Mashable, as VP of integrated marketing and comms/branding;
- Tricia Kenney, MD of corporate comms at The Kaplan Thaler Group, as VP of integrated marketing and comms/PR;
- Patricia Maloney, senior account manager and director of client relations at McVicker & Higginbotham, as VP of integrated marketing and comms/editorial and content;
- Debbie Kunen, manager of special projects at Cahill Gordon & Reindel, as VP of membership;
- Julie Livingston, director of business development and accounts at Child's Play Communications, as VP of membership;
- Alysia Lew, VP of comms at Madison Square Garden, as VP of programming;
- Lauren Skowronski, director of media relations at MSNBC, as VP of programming;
- Joanne Sephine, VP of creative at Bionic Crayon, as VP of sponsorship;
- Gail Griffin, GM at Barrons.com and SmartMoney.com, Dow Jones & Co., as VP of strategic planning;
- Rachel Bowie, associate editor at Scholastic, as VP of foundation liaisons; and
- Stephanie Fraiman, associate PR manager at The Knot, as VP of foundation liaisons.