When Ruder Finn launched the first-ever “Ruder Finn Cares” charity drive just before the Thanksgiving holiday this year, nearly all of the agency's 200 New York-based staffers jumped into action by donating canned food, toiletries, toys, and even old prom dresses, to the cause.
Ruder Finn is donating goods on behalf of seven local nonprofit organizations, all of which connect daily with thousands of New Yorkers in need. Staff at all levels are participating and not just by making donations. Several volunteered to serve as “charity leads” by organizing collections, promoting the charities internally, and liaising directly with each charity to ensure their needs are met.
“This holiday we wanted to do something to give back to our fellow New Yorkers in a way we never have before,” said Kathy Bloomgarden, Ruder Finn's CEO.
The drive continues through most of December, with Ruder Finn staffers personally delivering all of the collected goods to the chosen charities.
In all, Ruder Finn will collect
- New, unopened children's toys/gifts for foster children at Abbott House
- Formal prom wear for girls and boys for Operation Prom
- Women's professional wear and accessories for Bottomless Closet
- Non-perishable and canned food for Yorkville Common Pantry
- Blankets, sheets, and towels for dogs at ASPCA
- Toiletries for the homeless for Midnight Run
In addition, we plan to create homemade holiday greeting cards for veteran patients at the Manhattan VA Medical Center.