Horror stories about holiday travelers trapped at the airport are all too familiar.
While part of the headache of holiday travel can be blamed on the weather this year, some airlines managed to add to the chaos. Comair, a unit of Delta, experienced a computer crash that led to cancelled flights and many angry travelers. Both US Airways and Northwest Airlines left passengers separated from their luggage. In some cases, the mistakes were so glaring that the government is stepping in to investigate.
Most frequent messages
1. Poor weather leaves passengers delayed or stranded
2. US Airways and Comair experience major holiday problems
3. Holiday period critical for troubled US Airways
4. Government will look into disruptions at US Airways, Comair
5. Holiday woes expose deeper problems in airline industry
Based on 153 national, business, and top regional media articles from December 25-30, 2004 Evaluation and analysis by Biz360