Finally free of home confinement and unattractive ankle adornment, Martha Stewart launched her new daytime "lifestyle" show on September 12.
According to most media reports, the debut was trademark Stewart, and if you love Martha, you'll love Martha. But
if T-shirt folding tips aren't your idea of stimulating TV, you can check out The Apprentice: Martha Stewart later in the month. The show will focus on Stewart's skills as a "boss-manager," and NBC is pinning its hopes on the program for a ratings rebound this year.
Most frequent messages
1. "Martha" debut wasn't awful, but the show needs work
2. The kinder, gentler Stewart persona was well-received, but seemed a bit contrived
3. The "salute" to the foods of New Orleans segment was ill-timed and inappropriate
4. Some analysts doubt this "Apprentice" spin-off will help return NBC to prominence
5. Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia shares rose as the new daytime show aired
Based on analysis of major-market news coverage appearing from August 31 to September 14, 2005
Evaluation and analysis by Delahaye - a division of Bacon's Information