Yahoo recently announced a new podcast search service to allow surfers to find RSS content in audio, from sports to religion. Though
AOL, Blinx, Podcast.net, and Odeo.com already offer similar services, Yahoo brings with it some heavy weight that analysts expect will help drive adoption. While the technology is still ahead of the curve, Yahoo hopes to pace competitors as the web moves from text to multimedia.
Most frequent messages
1. Yahoo is out to compete with Apple with its new podcast service
2. Adoption of podcasts is still low, but Yahoo may help change that
3. Yahoo is going for leadership; revenue may take awhile
4. Analysts expect Yahoo to launch tools for producing podcasts soon
5. Yahoo beats Google to the punch with its podcast search
Based on 102 print, online, and broadcast media articles from October 10-13, 2005. Evaluation and analysis by Biz360.