At John Scanlon's funeral earlier this month, ABC newscaster Peter
Jennings told of a test Scanlon used to hand out to assess suitability
The 125-question quiz covers topics including literature, opera, media
and languages. Since Last Call's IQ is so low we need watering, we
thought we'd give readers a chance to scratch their heads:
1. What is the name of the soprano in The Marriage of Figaro?
2. Who won the NCAA basketball championship in 1982?
3. Name King Lear's daughters.
4. Who directed Absence of Malice and Three Days of the Condor?
5. Which architect built the New York Convention Center?
6. Who is the senior movie critic at Newsweek?
7. Who said: 'Matthew Brady and the Cooper Institute made me
8. How many regrets did Frank Sinatra have?
9. Who wrote Jane Eyre?
10. Who was the Republican candidate for NYC mayor in 1981?
Answers available at news@ prweek.com (once we get them off