- Leadership. Creating a sense of direction. Balancing control and inspiration with delegation. Building the right team.
- People management. Empowering/motivating staff and peers, building confidence, handling conflict. Managing ‘up’ as well as ‘down’.
- Managing men/women - attuning to work styles.
- Financial management. Managing budgets, understanding financial context of comms work.
- Project management/business strategy
- Creating and presenting an argument/influencing skills
- Building client confidence
- Time management
- Presentation skills
- Developing judgement/instinct
- Developing presence
- Negotiating pay rises and promotions
- Career planning
- Self-awareness and self-control
- Stress management: resilience, understanding how to manage politics and negativity.
- Preparing for, going on and returning to work following maternity leave
- Flexible working - making it work
- Maintaining personal relationships