- Pagefield is to manage comms for the Diamond Jubilee River Pageant, to celebrate the Queen's diamond jubilee in 2012.
A 1,000-strong flotilla will sail along the River Thames in celebration.
- Johnston Associates, an aviation PR firm, has appointed former BBC chief comms adviser Donald Steel as an associate director.
- The CIPR has launched updated social media guidance for the PR industry to include core principles, best practice and legal considerations.
- EasyGym has hired Launch Group to launch the brand with an integrated comms campaign.
- Ketchum has acquired a majority stake in Indian consultancy Sampark PR.
- Premier Foods is understood to have reappointed Ketchum Pleon and Frank to its roster, after a pitch process.
- Hill & Knowlton has promoted EMEA head of tech practice Amanda Groty to global strategy director.
- New Balance, the global athletic footwear and apparel brand, has brought in Birmingham-based agency S&X as its UK PR agency.