The online encyclopaedia, founded by US entrepreneur Jimmy Wales, has its tenth anniversary and 11 Jan is now celebrated as Wikipedia Day by some users.
- 17 Jan: KPMG annual M&A predictor due.
KPMG is expected to launch its annual M&A predictor report on or around this date, with predictions on the fortunes or otherwise of the M&A market in the year ahead.
- 18 Jan: Iraq Inquiry resumes public hearings. QEII Conference Centre, London.
The Iraq War Inquiry opens for a further two weeks of public hearings during which former PM Tony Blair will be recalled to face more questions from chairman Sir John Chilcot and his panel.
- 18 Jan: BAFTA nominations announced. Piccadilly, London.
The Orange British Academy Film Award nominations will be announced by Dominic Cooper and Talulah Riley alongside BAFTA chair Tim Corrie. Awards take place 13 Feb.
- 20 Jan: Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, US.
Fortune magazine ranks the 100 best companies to work for in the US.
- 21 Jan: British Airways and Iberia merger becomes effective.
BA and Iberia are expected to complete their merger today. Shares in International Airlines Group will be admitted to trading on the LSE on 24 Jan.
- 22 Jan: London Eye reopens.
The attraction reopens with EDF as a new sponsor.