Digital employee engagement and storytelling b reakfast briefing
Breakfast briefing is optional to attend, and costs additional £99+VAT to attend
07:50 Breakfast briefing registration
08:15 Breakfast briefing starts
In this one-hour practical briefing, learn how digital has completely reshaped the way we do internal communications and employee engagement. What are the new trends and techniques that you can apply to your organisation? What are the best platforms available? How can you make use of telling stories and narratives to employees, creating better content on social and digital that they will engage with?
09:10 End of breakfast briefing
08:30 Registration and refreshments
09:15 Chair’s opening remarks
Opening keynote address
09:25 Aligning your IC strategy with business needs
HR Director at the Adidas Group will explore the current IC landscape today, and what is needed to ensure IC remains at the top of the business agenda. Catch up on new trends, challenges and opportunities.
360° Interactive panel discussion
09:45 Internal vs external comms: the blurring of the functions
This lively panel discussion will dig deep into how internal vs external functions approach employee engagement in their organisation, and the role that each of them play in the greater-good:
- Creating integrated comms strategy: how can IC feed on external campaigns and vice-versa? How can you create successful integrated comms from the start? What are the requirements to look for, and what is the right capability structure to have in place?
- How can IC better support branding and make sure that when people think about external messaging, they also think about the internal reflection?
- The big debate: where should IC belong? As a separate IC function, or part of external comms, HR, marketing departments.... explore what works best with our experts!
10:25 Middle management: the key to unlocking the potential of the workforce
Management activation is the biggest concern for all IC and employee engagement professionals. Middle management is crucial in landing new initiatives, but for this to happen you need to effectively engage with them and catch their attention, all while they are so busy with “other priorities”. This session will look at new and innovative ways to activate middle management and get them on your side:
- Motivate middle management and influence them to act and communicate on your behalf
- Transform managers into real people coaches: give them the skills and tools to be effective advocates and inspire their employees
- How can you deal with resistance to change: the Tate’s lessons from their change programmes working with middle managers
10:55 The power of storytelling to engage a diverse workforce
We know that diverse and inclusive workplaces perform better than those that aren’t. So how can Internal Communications help to promote diversity, value difference and build a more inclusive workplace? This is not simply about responding to generational differences, but to think about the narrative we promote, the stories we share and the channels and tools we use.
11:10 Morning refreshments
11:40 Breakout sessions 1: choose between A, B or C
A. Organisations are increasingly alive to the importance of a definitive purpose. But how do you translate it into genuinely purposeful action?
B. Small budget
Discover how you can develop your IC strategy with limited resources:
C. The dos and don’ts of social media
Explore the dos and don’ts of employees’ use of social media
12:10 Swap or Stay
12:20 Breakout sessions 2: choose between D, E or F
D. Changing behaviour and influencing
Explore the psychology behind employee engagement:
E. Creating and stimulating conversations
Discover the best techniques to get your employees sharing, talking and collaborating:
F. A practical guide for going through an M&A
Best techniques available to engage employees through difficult times during a merger and acquisition (M&A) process:
12:50 Lunch and networking opportunities
13:40 Knowledge exchange hour
Following from the lunch networking... it’s time to get practical and share experiences with your peers! Pick two topics of conversation of your choice: the first one will be a topic you’d like to learn more about; and the second will be a topic where you have best practices and advice to share. Mingle with your peers to get solutions to your most pressing issues, and in return share your knowledge to help your fellow.
An interactive, fun, informal session to widen your horizon!
Engaging with non-networked employees
Powering CSR and sustainability
Creating a culture of collaboration and trust
Driving IC strategy from the top and engaging leaders
Moving towards more agile, flexible ways of working
14:30 Treating employees as your customers... redefining the employee brand proposition
This session will look at how you can improve the level of interaction by treating your employees as customers. It will examine the employee value proposition as part of the employee brand:
- What is the employee journey, from recruitment to the moment they join the organisation, and then throughout their career?
- How has an employee brand simplified and rationalised organisational design and also communications behaviour internally as a result?
What are the creative ways of embedding the employee brand into business, so it feels real to an employee?
15:00 Behind-the-scenes of Odeon’s new employer brand
This case study will demonstrate how employer brand has evolved to encompass every step of an employees’ journey from hire to retire, and the link between engaged employees and customer experience. It will do this by focusing on ODEON cinemas and showcasing the work the brand has completed with Synergy Creative.
15:15 How to use video strategically to drive purpose
You want to do great things with video but commissioning just one film is hard enough. How can you possibly produce more? Think strategically? Stay ahead of the technology? Motivate your team? Please your boss? And deliver the other 18 projects that are all needed this month and have a home life after a 14 hour day? Every day. In this session hear how Pearson started using video more strategically: how planning ahead made the whole process more effective and efficient and as a result of this how they launched their own internal TV channel earlier this year – Roundup TV – and the results so far.
15:30 Afternoon refreshments
Panel discussion bringing various perspectives
16:00 The secrets to measurement
Boost your measurement toolkit by putting all your questions to our diverse panel of experts, who have all been through the mill of measuring, proving and demonstrating their value!
- How can you achieve business impact and what are the new methods available?
- Quantitative vs qualitative: how can you select the most relevant indicators?
- Beyond the Survey – best methods to get employees’ feedback – examples of focus groups and qualitative discussions across different levels and functions
- Link IC to your overall strategy – identify your real communication problem and then sell the solutions
- Generate more buy-in and investment from senior management – identifying champions about the senior management team
16:30 Communicating through the journey of change
This talk will look at how you can connect with your audience and keep your colleagues engaged when your organisation is undergoing constant changes that create uncertainty in the workplace. More than a presentation, concentrating on a specific time of change, this final speech will leave you empowered to manage your continuous journey of change.
17:00 Chair’s closing remarks and close of event
A great way to inspire new ideas and realise you share issues with other businesses
Brand and Communications Manager, Insights
Fast paced, jam packed, nice mix of interesting topics and speakers
Client Service Director, WMW
An ambitious Internal Comms line up which delivers - I left full of ideas and primed for action
Internal Communications & Events Manager, Nestle Central & West Africa
Useful and thought provoking!
Head of Group Communications, The AA