08:30 Registration and refreshments
09:15 Chair’s opening remarks
CREATING A MORE AGILE, DIGITAL, AND CUSTOMER-FOCUSED CULTURE
09:25 Borrowing techniques from customer insights: creating an amazing place to work
Opening keynote address
- Understanding and listening in the post-survey world
- Using consumer insight techniques to get closer to your employee audience
- Applying qualitative data to design a compelling “hire to retire” journey
- Giving employees a greater emotional stake in your organisation
09:50 Putting employees at the heart of your organisation: how TalkTalk drove cultural change
- How TalkTalk is driving engagement and business performance by putting colleague feedback at the heart of its cultural change programme
- Methods the company used to create a reflective view of its culture today and how that feedback is informing changes to the organisation’s values and behaviours
10:15 Using digital and new technologies to boost employee engagement
Case study exploration
- Introducing Facebook at Work
- Communicating the FT’s strategic business goals to employees
- Helping employees live and breathe the FT brand
- Building the employer brand to attract and retain the best talent
- Connecting staff with the Board and senior management
10:35 Brand is culture, culture is brand: where employee engagement meets customer experience
A recent report by KPMG revealed the UK customer experience top 100 companies achieved double the five-year growth of the FTSE 100. So what is it that brands like Lush, First Direct and John Lewis has that puts their customer experience – and therefore their growth – above other companies?
Gemma McGrattan, director of Synergy Creative – the IoIC and CIPD’s 2016 agency of the year – will explore the impact of culture and employee engagement on customer experience. As well as sharing the latest research and insights, Gemma will give you a behind-the-scenes look at the people experience strategies of Synergy’s clients including ODEON & UCI Cinemas. Expect to walk away with solid theory, inspirational case studies, and plenty of advice, tips and ideas for you to take away and implement in your own organisation.
10:50 Internal comms in an agile and responsive world
We live in a world of disruption. Consumers are more demanding than ever. Competitors are challenging traditional models. And colleagues are seeking organisations with purpose and energy. So how do you more effectively engage and communicate with your people? Henry will be presenting research on how internal comms can support the transformation to a more agile and responsive way of working.
11:05 Morning refreshments
11:35 Breakout sessions 1: Utilising new technologies to boost employee engagement
A. Employee digital and collaboration platforms
B. Making the most of broadcast, video and live streaming
C. Using gamification for employee engagement
12:15 Breakout sessions 2: L&D, creating new experiences and delivering happiness
D. The increased focus on learning and development
E. Digital engagement strategies – “The Five Essentials” + live demo
F. Delivering happiness at work
12:45 Lunch and networking opportunities
THE NEW WORKPLACE - CHALLENGES AND OPPORTUNITIES
13:45 An introduction to People Activation, the positive effect it has and how you can ensure your company is practising it
Rapport believe that activating employees rather than just communicating with them results in a dramatic increase in key factors such as motivation, inclusion, loyalty and engagement.
In this energetic presentation, Brand Engagement Director Russell Oakley and Creative Director Chris Platt will share their experience of the positive impact the act of focusing in on intrinsic human reactions can have on any brands internal communications strategy.
14:00 Adapting to a changing workplace environment
- A review of how the workplace has evolved and what it means for your IC and employee engagement strategy
- The new divide: Senior vs. Junior in the workplace
- Engaging with the younger generation: how can you engage and empower people at different stage of their careers and from different age groups?
14:15 Managing post-Brexit uncertainty in the workplace
- Maintaining employee trust and confidence through uncertain times
- Creating and executing your comms strategy in the unknown
- Preparing and publishing timely communications for multiple scenarios
- How much or how little should you communicate to your employees about Brexit?
- What’s next? A glimpse at the future in a post-Brexit world
Sarah Burke, Internal Communications Manger,
UK House of Lords
Gabe Winn, former Director of External Relations and Senior Business Advisor, Britain Stronger in Europe and former Corporate Affairs Director, Centrica
Moderated by John Harrington, Deputy Editor, PRWeek
LEADERSHIP COMMUNICATIONS, TRUST AND EMPOWERMENT
14:45 Breakout sessions 3: Communicating vision, maintaining trust and empowering managers
G. Supporting the leadership in communicating your vision and purpose
I. Engaging hard-to-reach colleagues through digital
Recently, Bupa encouraged colleagues across the world to get online and share their story of why they love working at Bupa. Hear how they achieved almost half the contributions from their frontline, non-wired colleagues – a challenging audience to engage – and saw overall engagement scores increase following the campaign.
15:25 Afternoon refreshments
15:55 Demonstrating effectiveness: revealing the latest insights into measurement and analytics
Sarah Mullins, Head of Change Communications,
Laura Du Plessis, Associate Director - Comms and External Affairs, Warwick University
James Tarbit, Head of Employee Insight, HSBC
16:25 The convergence of internal and external communications: how can you effectively join up all functions in your organisation?
Explore how Telefónica brought together all of their communications and reputation functions to work as “one team”. How do they work together, how often do they meet, how do they share information and develop one plan? What skills can you develop across all other teams? How can you get inspiration from each other’s campaigns, ways of working and networks? Overall how successful is a converged model in aligning your message and delivering business value?
16:55 Chair's closing remarks
17:00 Close of event
A great way to inspire new ideas and realise you share issues with other businesses
Brand and Communications Manager, Insights
Fast paced, jam packed, nice mix of interesting topics and speakers
Client Service Director, WMW
An ambitious Internal Comms line up which delivers - I left full of ideas and primed for action
Internal Communications & Events Manager, Nestle Central & West Africa