The ranking below, compiled from the 51 Adwatch tables that ran between 1 November 2007 and 31 October 2008, ranks the 10 commercials that scored highest in one particular week.
A description of each ad and when it appeared appears below the table.
- Churchill. In a TV studio, ‘Kim from Beckford' challenges Churchill with a series of questions. 05.03.08
- Asda. Julie Walters works as a Christmas trainee, helping staff decorate a tree. 23.01.08
- Marks & Spencer. ‘Christmas Belles' Twiggy et al in 50s musical, with Antonio Banderas taking a guest spot. 12.12.07
- Tesco. The Spice Girls shop for presents in a Secret Santa exercise, hiding from each other in-store. 16..1.08
- PC World. The employees discuss Christmas bargains, including a Compaq laptop at £399. 23.01.08
- Morrisons. Lulu's Christmas Feast. Lulu walks trough snowy streets and suggests Christmas food. 12.12.07
- Argos. The Christmas Gift Guide, with Wizzards ‘I Wish it Could be Christmas Everyday' as backing. 21.11.07
- Post Office. Members of Westlife buy broadband packages from the Post Office. 05.12.07
- Sainsbury's. Now that her kids are growing up, a mum (actress Tracy Brabin) starts work in Sainsbury's. 08010.08
- Confused.com. Man in a cartoon landscape promotes discounts on car insurance. 06.08.08
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk