The agency picked up three special prizes and four awards. To supplement its Grand Prix, two Golds and one Silver, it also won Bronze for its Cadbury Biscuits work.
The night's other big winners included RKCR/Y&R for its Home Office campaign aimed at lowering the risk of theft, and Abbott Mead Vickers BBDO for its contributions to sales at retail giant Sainsbury's.
The former's 'Acquisition Crime' campaign, which ran across TV, radio and print, is claimed to have cut the cost of crime to the taxpayer by up to £190m.
The latter, encouraging Sainsbury's shoppers to 'Try something new today', delivered an estimated £2.5bn extra revenue for the supermarket.
The award for Best Small Budget went to DDB London, for a campaign it developed for luxury fashion brand Radley.
Following its acquisition by private equity in 2006, Radley tasked DDB with raising awareness of its handbag range and improving desirability. The campaign brought a return of £5.57 per £1 spent.
Meanwhile, Red Bee Media won a Gold award for its part in rebranding pay-TV channel UKTV G2 as Dave, and the reframing of its content under the 'Home of witty banter' strapline. The Red Bee-conceived launch push for Dave featured heavy use of outdoor sites and PR exposure.
Silver award-winners included RKCR/Y&R for Dan-one Activia, Ogilvy Advertising and MindShare for Unilever-owned Dove, and MCBD for Waitrose.
The full list of winners at the IPA Effectiveness Award ceremony are:
- Grand Prix - Bartle Bogle Hegarty for Johnnie Walker, Diageo
- Effectiveness Company of the Year - Bartle Bogle Hegarty
- The Charles Channon Award for Best New Learning - RKCR/Y&R and The Home Office for Acquisition Crime
- The Simon Broadbent Award for Best Dedication to Effectiveness - The Home Office
- Best Integration - Abbott Mead Vickers.BBDO for Sainsbury's
- Best Media - RKCR/Y&R and The Home Office for Acquisition Crime
- Best Small Budget - DDB London for Radley
- Best International Single Market - Ogilvy & Mather Vietnam for Public Awareness Campaign for Helmet Wearing, Asia Injury Prevention Foundation
- Best International Multi-Market - Bartle Bogle Hegarty for Johnnie Walker, Diageo
- Bartle Bogle Hegarty for Johnnie Walker, Diageo
- Bartle Bogle Hegarty for KFC
- RKCR/Y&R and The Home Office for Acquisition Crime
- Red Bee Media and UKTV for Dave
- Abbott Mead Vickers.BBDO for Sainsbury's
- Bartle Bogle Hegarty for Audi
- RKCR/Y&R for Danone Activia
- JWT for De Beers
- Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy for Direct Payment, DWP/COI
- Ogilvy Advertising and MindShare for Dove, Unilever
- MediaCom and M&C Saatchi for Lucozade Sport, GSK
- Ogilvy & Mather Vietnam, Public Awareness Campaign for Helmet Wearing, Asia Injury Prevention Foundation
- DDB London for Radley
- RKCR/Y&R for Virgin Atlantic, Virgin Atlantic Airways
- Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy for Waitrose
- WCRS, Mediaedge:cia and Incentivated for Cabwise, Transport for London
- Bartle Bogle Hegarty for Cadbury's Biscuits, Burton's Foods
- RKCR/Y&R for Learndirect, UFI
- DDB London for Marmite, Unilever
- Delaney Lund Knox Warren & Partners for Morrisons, Wm Morrison Supermarkets
- Ogilvy & Mather Advertising Beijing for Motorola, Motorola (China) Electronics
- LyleBailie International for Road Safety, Department of Environment (NI and the Road Safety Authority (ROI)
- Miles Calcraft Briginshaw Duffy and MediaCom for Trident, Metropolitan Police Service
This article was first published on Marketing