- Ammirati Puris Lintas Spain has picked up three major pieces of business,following the recent acquisition of leading Spanish creative hotshop, Valmorisco.
The three wins, Burger King, the Inland Revenue Service and Lisbon Expo '98, all came after competitive pitches with leading agency networks and local agencies.
Consolidating APL as Burger King's international agency, the Spanish office saw off incumbent agency DMB&B in a two way pitch to win the burger giant's business. Billings have not been disclosed.
The IRS awarded APL 80 per cent of its above-the-line advertising account, with billings of £3.3 million ($5.5 million), after a pitch against three incumbent agencies, Publicis, Grey and DMB&B. A local Spanish agency, Contra Punto, will handle the remaining 20 per cent.
Finally, Portugal's trade mission in Madrid has awarded APL Spain its advertising with a brief to promote Portugal in Spain in the run up to Expo '98, which is to be held in Lisbon in May. APL pitched against Young & Rubicam, McCann-Erickson and two local agencies.
The wins brings APL Spain's combined billings up to around £80 million. It has a staff of 140.
This article was first published on Campaign