- What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career today?
Don't be scared to try new things, and push yourself.
- What attracted you to your current job?
It gave me the opportunity to work closely with other markets across Europe and internationally, with a great brand-building company.
- What was your first job?
My first job after university was working in New York for Sidney Frank the creator of Grey Goose vodka and distributor for Jagermeister. I was in PR, but had the opportunity to work with all sales and marketing functions.
- How did you get your first job?
An introduction from a marketing director whom I had helped with projects targeting students while I was at university. My interview with the company's chief executive was the scariest I've ever had.
- What's your favourite holiday destination?
Sydney has everything - it's a laid-back city with surfing, diving and some of the best bars and fish restaurants in the world. I'd love to be in Manly right now, sipping on a Midori Sour.
- If you weren't you, who would you be?
Sir Richard Branson. I admire the way in which he has built a brand and maintained its strength over many years and in many markets.
- What's your favourite pub?
It's difficult to decide because there are so many bars I love in the UK and frequent on my travels. It depends what mood I'm in. In my home town of Manchester, I love Socio Rehab for the cocktails, and Mojo, where you're guaranteed a good night.
- If you were a brand, what would you be and why?
Apple - particularly the iPhone, as it's reliable and everyone's favourite friend.
- What's your greatest ambition?
To build a product and brand from scratch.
- What is your all-time favourite slogan?
Nike's 'Just do it' - that's my attitude to life.
- If you could get tickets to any event, what would it be?
The Rio Carnival.
- What was your finest hour?
Creating a new word 'shotail', a layered shot cocktail, which is trademarked against my brand at the time, Luxardo Sambuca. It is used in many bars across the UK.
- What hobbies do you have?
Body-boarding in Cornwall, snowboarding and classes such as spinning and zumba.
- What headline would you most like to read in Marketing?
'Midori is the cocktail brand of choice.'
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk