- Describe yourself in three words.
Loyal, workaholic, empathetic
- How would you define marketing?
A continuous process of getting your product closer to the people it's made for, communicating with them effectively and engaging them with the product.
- What would you be if you weren't a brand manager?
I'd be running a small B&B somewhere by the sea.
- What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career today?
Find a good mentor, and listen to their advice. Follow your gut instinct, but don't rush big decisions. They will still be there in the morning.
- What attracted you to your current job?
A talented jewellery designer who was also one of my best friends and needed help to get things off the ground. I couldn't have let the beautiful Alice Menter collection go to waste.
- What was your first job?
Box-office assistant at a classical music venue.
- What hobbies do you have?
Yoga to try to relax, running to let off steam and reading if I have a spare half hour.
- If you weren't you, who would you be?
I wouldn't want to be anyone else.
- What makes you angry?
- What's your favourite holiday destination?
Rhossili Down on Gower Peninsula in south Wales is one of my favourite spots in the world. It's so quiet there.
- What's your favourite pub?
I love the Red Lion Wine House in Bristol. It's an old pub which has been transformed into an amazing wine house with the best selection of cheese in the city.
- What other languages do you speak?
- What's your greatest ambition?
To make Alice Menter Jewellery into a globally recognised designer jewellery brand.
- What is your all-time favourite slogan?
I always thought that French Connection's FCUK slogans were genius.
- If you could get tickets to any event, what would it be?
I would take my boys to The X Games skateboarding finals in California. It would be their dream come true.
- What was your finest hour?
I hope it's still to come.
- If you had three wishes, what would they be?
To have an infinite amount of wishes. Then I'd only need to use one and could give the other two away. Is that allowed?
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk