- Describe yourself in three words
Loyal, inquisitive, lush.
- How would you define marketing?
Helping to sell magazines while annoying editorial.
- What would you be if you weren't a brand manager?
- What advice would you give someone starting their marketing career today?
Try to get involved in as many areas of marketing as you can and learn from your peers.
- What attracted you to your current job?
I heard a lot of great things about (owner) Dennis Publishing and was keen to progress my career.
- What was your first job?
Part-time assistant at a Dolcis shoe shop. I was determined to earn my own money at 14; my wage was £1.44 per hour.
- What's your greatest ambition?
To win employee of the year at Dennis - the winner gets to go to Mustique and stay for 10 days in our chairman's house, which he bought from David Bowie.
- If you were a brand, which would you be and why?
Mini. It may have changed over the years, but the foundation of this small car and its cheekiness has remained the same - and that's the way we like it.
- What hobbies do you have?
Walking, reading, travel.
- What are your favourite marketing campaigns?
Honda's 'Cog' and 'Impossible Dream' ads, and Hoffmeister's 'For great lager, follow the bear.'
- What is your all-time favourite slogan?
'Beanz Meanz Heinz.' It hasn't changed for more than 40 years because it hasn't had to.
- If you weren't you, who would you be?
David Attenborough - he has such unbelievable passion and knowledge and you would want to talk to him for hours. Richard Branson is a very close second.
- What makes you angry?
- What is your favourite pub?
The Windmill Pub near where I live - it can entertain my child for hours with its huge climbing frame and massive beer garden, so I can enjoy a large glass of wine.
- What have been your best and worst freebies?
The best is going to the Monaco Grand Prix. The worst ... when I worked on Bizarre magazine, I got a free gimp mask.
This article was first published on marketingmagazine.co.uk