The agency, which won the business following a competitive pitch, previously handled Informa’s financial PR until 2007, when Maitland took on the account.
FD’s team is led by MDs Charles Palmer, John Waples and Tim Spratt.
Informa is a constituent of the FTSE 250 and is a specialist media and conference firm headquartered in London.
A mixture of organic growth and acquisitions under chairman and CEO Peter Rigby has left the firm just outside the FTSE 100.
Informa provides specialist information, conferences and courses to academics and businesses in fields such as insurance, law and finance.
The firm has 8,000 employees working in 150 offices in more than 40 countries. In 2008, Informa was in talks about a £3bn merger with rival media firm United Business Media, but negotiations were called off after a rise in Informa’s share price made the deal uneconomical.
Maitland also advised the firm through a failed takeover bid later in 2008 by a private equity consortium of Blackstone Group, Carlyle Group and Providence Equity Partners.
Media company Informa calls in FD for financial PR
Informa, the London-listed international media firm, has shifted its retained financial PR account from Maitland to FD.
Share this story
- Blackstone calls for help from Finsbury in Southern Cross care crisis
- Former Maitland partner to handle comms around Heathrow snow closure probe
- City agencies battered by slump, Kingston Smith W1 report finds
- City PR faces shake-up as comms consultancy Stockwell Group launches
- Anthony Silverman, Maitland - Getting the balance right
- City & Corporate: Maitland handed global task by Newstate
- Maitland handed global task by Newstate Partners to boost global profile
Latest jobs Jobs web feed
Online PR Manager- Exciting Online Content Marketing Co- up to £45,000
Up to £45,000 per annum, Central London
In-House Retail Brand - Internal Communication Manager
6 Degrees Talent Ltd
c£55k, Milton Keynes
Property PR & marketing Account Manager
£32,500 - £37,500, Central London
Senior Account Director - Consumer Health
£55-£65k+package + bonus, London
Director of Media Relations
British Bankers' Association
Competitive Salary + benefits, City of London
- PR agencies claw back digital business from specialist shops
- Google 'on front foot' with Eric Schmidt column on tax issue
- Hope&Glory wins Ikea consumer press office duties
- Ad agency BMB enters PR with ex-Independent editor Simon Kelner
- NHS leaders and chief executives encouraged to communicate online
- Bell Pottinger joins APPC fold after years of opposition