In response to the EU discussions on introducing quotas for the number of women on the boards of public companies, MT conducted an online poll of managers and directors to test the water.
In the poll, MT asked 317 people: ‘Are you in favour of the 40% minimum quota for women on boards?’ Of those who responded, 66% said they were not in favour of a quota, whilst the remaining third (34%), said that they would prefer to see a quota in place.
The poll did not ask for any information about respondents (i.e. male or female, manger or junior), and the question required a simple ‘yes’ or ‘no’ answer.
This article was first published on managementtoday.co.uk