Chime boosts healthcare offer with De Facto deal

Lord Bell’s Chime Communications has bought biotech PR specialist De Facto Communi- cations in a bid to gain ground in the lucrative healthcare market.

De Facto has Roche, GlaxoSmithKline, Amgen, Johnson & Johnson and Smiths Medical as clients. It handles mainly corporate PR for biotechs, as well as clinical trials marketing and medical education work.

The CEO at 20-strong De Facto – which will relocate from London Bridge to Chime's Holborn offices – is Richard Anderson. Chime's sole current healthcare agency is Ozone, whose staff are now set to relocate from Chelsea to Holborn.

Chime chairman Lord Bell said: 'This acquisition extends our involvement in health and is highly complementary to Ozone.'

Chime already held a 40 per cent share in De Facto – acquired in two stages in December last year and March. The remaining 60 per cent of shares are now being purchased for an initial cash consideration of £219,000.

Deferred payments will be made up to a maximum total consideration of £2m based on De Facto's pre-tax profits over the next four years.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletins

Register
Already registered?
Sign in

Would you like to post a comment?

Please Sign in or register.