Instagram is releasing a host of new tools for businesses after polling corporate users on what they needed to be more active on the service. Among the changes: a new business-specific profile, launching ads directly from posts in the mobile app, and better analytics.
- As Tech Crunch points out, this update was long rumored and mirror much of what had been predicted earlier (TechCrunch)
- Perhaps the biggest enhancement, per Instagram's blog, is the ability to contact companies through the app (text, call, or email) (Instagram)
- Instagram is rolling out the service to U.S., Australia, and New Zealand immediately and plans to have it globally available by end of 2016. (The Next Web)
- While the tools sound great, Recode sounds the alarm that this could be a step towards pay-for-play exposure, just like Instagram-parent Facebook. (Recode)
- No word yet on how Instagram will alert businesses to the availability of the switch to this profile suite, but assume it will happen in app.
This article originally appeared on DMN.