Each will be matched with a mentor – an experienced female PR figure – who will offer guidance through face-to-face meetings and ongoing communication. The project, in its second year, is a joint initiative between PRWeek and Women in PR, and is designed to tackle the lack of female leaders in comms.
The 15 mentees were chosen following an online application process, and will now be allocated to a mentor.
The mentees are:
- Laura Bates, PR manager, Museum of London
- Adele Breen, director, AxiCom
- Hannah Collyer, head of group media relations, Dixons Carphone
- Victoria Coppin, digital account director, Cirkle
- Preena Gadher, managing director, Riot Communications
- Jodie Gee, account director, Cirkle
- Rosanna Head, corporate affairs manager UK & Ireland, Purina
- Mary Hinks-Edwards, senior account director, Weber Shandwick
- Nicola Hussey, media relations manager, LV=
- Laura Leggetter, board director, Luchford APM
- Michele Moore Duhen, PR manager, Qinec
- Charlotte Pascal, associate director, Citigate Dewe Rogerson
- Natasha Plowman, director, Spinning Red (formerly head of corporate affairs, Diageo)
- Anna Richardson, senior manager, Burson-Marsteller
- Katy Spreadbury, practice director, Financial Services, Four.
To read about the success of the 2015 scheme, click here.