Nearly 400 people from 40 countries have been confirmed as judges on panels across disciplines, including creativity, digital, design and film, at this year’s Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity.
Women comprise 40 per cent of all jurors this year, up from 31 per cent last year, the festival organisers said. As reported by PRWeek in February, the PR Lions jury will be led by John Clinton (right), North America head of creative and content at Edelman.
Clinton will be joined by the UK’s Kat Thomas, global executive creative director of One Green Bean and Ingrid Wobst, chief executive, Colectivo, Colombia.
The juries will meet in Cannes to judge live throughout the festival, from 18 to 25 June, with the winners to be announced at awards ceremonies during the eight-day event. Philip Thomas, chief executive, Lions Festivals, highlighted the importance of a balanced jury to ensure entrants are judged fairly. He added that the juries had a "significant responsibility in determining the future path of creative communications".
Joining Clinton, Thomas and Wobst as judges are:
- Veronica Cheja, chief executive officer and founder, Urban Communication Group, Argentina
- Scott Kronick, president and chief executive officer, Ogilvy Public Relations, Asia Pacific
- Amanda Galmes, co-founder and managing director, Fuel Communications, Australia
- Laure Miquel-Jean, head of PR, Pride / TBWA, Belgium
- Edson Giusti, chief executive officer, Giusti Communications, Brazil
- Marion Darrieutort, chief executive officer, Elan Edelman, France
- Hanning Kempe, general managing director, FleishmanHillard, Germany
- Valerie Pinto, chief executive officer, Weber Shandwick, India
- Stefania Mercuri, partner – general manager, MY PR, Italy
- Kazuaki Hashida, creative director, Hakuhodo Kettle, Japan
- Leticia Mar, partner, Alterpraxis, Mexico
- Kelly Bennett, founder and managing director, One Plus One Communications, New Zealand
- Heidi Holm, client service director and partner, Dinamo, Norway
- Barbara Pleban, co-owner and vice-president, multi communications, Poland
- Isabel Jorge de Carvalho, chief executive officer – partner, Global Press, Portugal
- Almudena Alonso, managing director, Cohn & Wolfe, Spain
- Hannes Kerstell, senior partner and executive media director, Prime – A Weber Shandwick Company, Sweden
- Erin Gentry, EVP, global co-lead, client services, Hill+Knowlton Strategies, USA