The Debrett's list – first published in 1769 – features a category for Advertising, Marketing & PR, which includes:
- Sir Alan Parker, founder, Brunswick
- John Waples, senior MD, FTI Consulting
- Matthew Freud, chief executive, Freuds
- Johnny Hornby, founding partner, CHI & Partners (Halpern PR owner)
- Roland Rudd, co-founder, Finsbury
- Moray MacLennan, worldwide CEO, M&C Saatchi
- Sir Martin Sorrell, CEO, WPP
- Robin Grant, co-founder and global MD, We Are Social
- Craig Oliver, political and comms director, 10 Downing Street
- Sally Osman, director, royal communications
- Paul Taaffe, CEO, Huntsworth
Oliver’s addition to the list follows last year’s victory for the Conservative Party at the general election, while Osman continues to have a key role directing comms for the royals.
Joanne Milner, CEO of Debrett’s, said: "The Debrett’s 500 focuses on individuals who demonstrate outstanding qualities of influence, achievement and inspiration. It’s a fascinating and eclectic showcase of talent celebrating the best of British throughout a number of areas, from film to fashion, and from politics to sport."
A number of these names also feature in PRWeek's Power Book listing of the UK's most powerful comms professionals.