I’m lucky enough to be heading to the South of France for the next seven days – here are five things that I will certainly be writing about:
- I’m chairing a panel for UNICEF on Saturday afternoon during the second iteration of Lions Health about how creativity can generate positive change and help save children’s lives. Panelists will be UNICEF’s charismatic chief of health, Mickey Chopra, and Unilever’s global director of WASH household care, Analia Mendez.
- On Monday morning I’ll be helping judge the Young Lions PR competition, in which teams of talented young PR pros will present their responses to a creative brief they received a day and a half earlier.
- On Tuesday morning at 10 am at the Radisson Blu 1835 Hotel, PRWeek and MSLGroup are hosting a fantastic panel on Innovation and Disruption featuring stellar panelists from Uber, Mondelez International, Leo Burnett (Judy John, creative inspiration behind the highly touted Always #LikeAGirl campaign.)
- On Tuesday evening from 8:30 at the Hotel Carlton, PRWeek will be hosting our inaugural Cannes Cocktail Party to recognize the winners of the PR Lions and celebrate the industry in general.
- On Wednesday afternoon, PRWeek is hosting a roundtable in partnership with BlueFocus to discuss the topic of Digitization and Globalization, especially in the context of Western companies and brands doing business in China, and Chinese companies extending their reach into the West. High-profile panelists include Procter & Gamble, BMW China, Dell, and Quartz.
I’ll also be interviewing senior leaders from the PR, advertising, and agency holding companies and generally soaking up the creative inspiration along La Croisette.
I look forward to reporting back on all the trends, issues, and controversies from the South of France for those of you who can’t be there.
And, for those of you who are in Cannes, drop me a line and hopefully we can meet up.