Featured in this issue:
• Newsmaker — From controlled explosions to a CEO transition, FM Global's head of PR and advertising leverages comms to safeguard the reputation of the global commercial insurer and its clients.
• Welcome to California — In what market do boutique agencies fare best? Where is talent poaching among agencies the worst? PRWeek editors went one on one with agency and brand leaders in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento, Silicon Valley, and San Diego to unveil opportunities and dispel myths about doing business and working in The Golden State.
• PRWeek Awards — We celebrate the Oscars of the PR industry in this photo montage that honors the night’s winners and the brands and agencies whose work stood head and shoulders above the rest.
• Market Spotlight — Darlàn Monterisi, MD at Porter Novelli's New York office, emphasizes the need for PR agencies and companies to stand apart from the competition to retain talent in the city. Ola Rembe, head of external communications at Ericsson, discusses why international relations are essential to the success of large businesses in the Swedish capital.
• Q&As — John Englehart, CMO at Hospital for Special Surgery, talks about how powerful storytelling is a key tool for patients. Debbie Weir, CEO of Mothers Against Drunk Driving, discusses how the association leverages digital and plans for its 35th anniversary.
• Analysis — Advocacy groups count 100 school shooting since Sandy Hook in 2012, leading many activists to ask, when it comes to gun violence, is America still listening?