Jones leaves Havas; Bolloré replaces him as CEO

David Jones is leaving his role as global CEO of Havas to become co-founder and chief executive of a tech startup that will launch next month.

PUTEAUX, FRANCE: David Jones is leaving his role as global CEO of Havas to become co-founder and chief executive of a yet-unnamed tech startup that will launch next month.

The holding company is retaining him as an adviser to Havas' chairman and CEO throughout this year.

Effective immediately, Yannick Bolloré has succeeded Jones in the role of global CEO of Havas. Andrew Benett, co-president of Havas Worldwide since last January, was promoted to CEO of the advertising network. Benett is reporting to Bolloré. The move marks Havas' third CEO change in less than three years.

Yannick Bolloré

Bolloré replaced his father, Vincent Bolloré, as chairman in August. Vincent Bolloré is due to become chairman of Vivendi SA, in which he owns a stake of about 5%, when the conglomerate separates its telecommunications business from its media assets.

Prior to his role at Havas, Benett spent three years as the global CEO of Arnold Worldwide, leading the network's 17 offices in 14 countries. Prior, he was global chief strategy officer of Euro RSCG Worldwide, co-CEO of Euro RSCG New York, and EVP and executive director of strategy and innovation at FutureBrand.

A Havas representative was not immediately available for comment.

Havas' revenue was up 1.2% in the third quarter of 2013 to nearly $556 million, bringing total growth to 0.7% for the year to that point. However, the French holding company, whose agencies include Havas PR, Havas Worldwide, and Arnold Worldwide, saw North American revenue drop 1.9% to $184 million in Q3.  

Last month, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters selected Havas as AOR following a competitive review.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletins

Register
Already registered?
Sign in

Would you like to post a comment?

Please Sign in or register.