Warner Bros. to stick with 'Dark Knight' ads after shooting

Motion picture studio Warner Bros. did not cancel advertising for 'The Dark Knight Rises' following the Aurora, CO, theater shooting, nor does it plan to, a source close to the matter told PRWeek on Tuesday.

Motion picture studio Warner Bros. did not cancel advertising for The Dark Knight Rises following the Aurora, CO, theater shooting, nor does it plan to, a source close to the matter told PRWeek on Tuesday.

Media reports said the studio pulled TV ads for the film after a gunman killed 12 people and wounded 58 at a midnight screening on Friday.

Some TV networks pulled ads for the film at their own discretion, the source said.

However, the studio did make a donation to charities supporting the shooting victims through the website givingfirst.org. Warner Bros. did not specify the sum of the donation. The studio also canceled The Dark Knight Rises premieres and press events in Paris, Tokyo, and Mexico City.

“Warner Bros. is deeply saddened to learn about this shocking incident,” the studio said in a statement last week. “We extend our sincere sympathies to the families and loved ones of the victims at this tragic time.”

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletins

Register
Already registered?
Sign in

Would you like to post a comment?

Please Sign in or register.