WRAP issues seven-figure RFP for campaign work

MCLEAN, VA: The Washington Regional Alcohol Program (WRAP), a nonprofit organization that works to prevent drunk driving and underage drinking in the Washington, DC area, issued a $1.6 million RFP to support its Checkpoint Strikeforce campaign.

MCLEAN, VA: The Washington Regional Alcohol Program (WRAP), a nonprofit organization that works to prevent drunk driving and underage drinking in the Washington, DC area, issued a $1.6 million RFP to support its Checkpoint Strikeforce campaign.

Approximately 75% of the seven-figure budget is designated for media buying, with the remaining 25% divided between PR, research, and creative services. The one-year contract is renewable yearly for a total of four years.

WRAP is accepting both individual and group proposals and is open to hiring either an integrated agency or a combination of agencies to fulfill its needs, according to Kurt Erickson, president of WRAP. The agency or agencies chosen will be tasked with supporting the public education awareness campaign in Washington, DC, Maryland, and Virginia.

Proposals are due by May 11 and WRAP is hoping to hire an agency shortly thereafter in order to get media buying and other services in place for Labor Day, a holiday known for high instances of drunk driving, Erickson said.

WRAP has conducted the Checkpoint Strikeforce campaign since 2002 and has issued 3 RFPs for media services during that time. Stratacomm has handled the PR aspect of the campaign for the past nine years and will be pitching the business again this year.

According to John Undeland, SVP and partner of Stratacomm, the agency has been "pleased to partner with" WRAP for the past nine years and hopes to continue the relationship.

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletins

Register
Already registered?
Sign in

Would you like to post a comment?

Please Sign in or register.