Lincoln Group loses US DoD radio, TV contract

WASHINGTON: The Lincoln Group confirmed that the US military had chosen not to renew its contract with the firm for producing radio and TV reports for use by the military in Iraq and other countries.

WASHINGTON: The Lincoln Group confirmed that the US military had chosen not to renew its contract with the firm for producing radio and TV reports for use by the military in Iraq and other countries.

As originally reported by the Washington Post on July 19, the US Defense Department's Special Operations Command (SOCOM) originally had contracts with Lincoln Group, L-3 Communications' SY-Coleman, and Science Applications International Corp. to produce radio and TV reports for distribution in countries in which the military is operating, but decided earlier this year to renew only its contract with SYColeman.

These contracts are not related to the controversial deal Lincoln Group signed with the US military to place articles about US military activities in Iraqi newspapers without proper attribution.

Lincoln Group spokesperson Bill Dixon said that his company could not comment on any details about the contracts, given the confidential nature of its work with the military.

"I can say that Lincoln Group fully supports [Lt. Gen. Bryan] Brown's decision to conserve SOCOM's limited resources," Dixon said in a statement. "We support SOCOM's mission and believe they deserve additional funding and clearer policy guidance in order to fight the ‘war of ideas,' a key component of the global war on terrorism."

Have you registered with us yet?

Register now to enjoy more articles and free email bulletins

Register
Already registered?
Sign in

Would you like to post a comment?

Please Sign in or register.