For many voters, the Democratic National Convention marks the beginning of their analysis of the candidates and issues in this year's Presidential election.
As voters turn to press outlets for information and perspective, leaders of the Democratic and Republican parties keep a close eye on how the media portrays the candidates and campaign issues. The war in Iraq and the economy have dominated election-year coverage to date, but the convention brought more personalities into the headlines.
Most frequent messages
1. Kerry challenges Bush on Iraq, war on terror
2. John Edwards dutifully supports Kerry
3. Teresa Heinz Kerry adds spice to convention
4. Clinton sends Democrats to battle for Kerry
5. Cheney says Kerry won't protect the US
Based on 306 national articles from July 26-29, 2004
Evaluation and analysis by Biz360