Media outlets across the country tuned in to Apple's recent announcement that it would be unveiling new models and lower prices in its iPod Photo and iPod Mini product families.
Lengthy stories detailed the updated features and prices for the popular products and applauded Apple's new low-cost strategy. Most analysts concluded that Apple's aggressive approach would help it maintain its dominance of an increasingly competitive market for portable music players, cautioning Apple not to repeat the mistakes it made in the PC market.
Most frequent messages
1. Apple cuts prices on both the iPod Photo and iPod Mini
2. New models will include longer battery life and more space
3. iPod dominates the portable music market
4. Expanded range of price points will help Apple maintain its dominance
5. Apple's strategy is aggressive and proactive
Based on 31 US newspaper, magazine, and broadcast reports appearing February 23-25, 2005
Evaluation and analysis by CARMA International